Monday, February 16, 2015

I Thought Kids Were Ditching Facebook

I get it. Facebook pretty much sucks. And primarily because it has been commercialized to the point that everyone and their great-grandparents believe they must have an account lest they miss sharing their pet's first poop... or the latest sale at Wal-mart.

Perhaps I'm easily peeved, but it galls me when a person who has just taken the training wheels off of their thinking cap calls my comment on national news "dumb". Not that they aren't entitled to an opinion on the subject at hand. But calling anyone dumb just shows a profound lack of emotional development.

And, like it or not, I am in a unique position to have informed opinions on national and international debates, whether you agree with them or not. Aside from the fact that I was wiring spaghetti boards (look it up) and coding Cobal and Fortran (again, look it up) before many of your parents were out of diapers, I had the distinct dis-privilege of working around some very unpleasant people in a very dark world where, they say, your right to be an ignorant, privileged, know-it-all prick is protected.

So, if you don't want to be disrespected, don't disrespect me... oh, and don't be stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment